Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Saga Continues: Ethan Learns the Power of the Priesthood







After we opened presents and played with our treasures for a while, we were able to webcam with some grandparents. It had been hard for the kids to see all the wrapped presents that had been sent and have to wait until we could webcam on Christmas Day to open them. Once they were opened, it seemed that Grandmas and Grandpas did a better job of choosing the right gifts than even Santa. They were all thrilled with each one.
The rest of that day was pure bliss. We spent time with each other playing games, watching movies, and eating our candy, along with a little "real food" as well. This year I made the "Christmas Quiche" (sausage and egg casserole) that my mom usually made for us on Christmas morning. Of course, neither of my kids would touch it (picky, picky), but Mike and I enjoyed it.


That night, we all laid down sleeping bags in the family room and had a sleepover together. It was great fun! - Until around 1 am.
I was in Alex's room, feeding him, when Andrew began throwing up. At first, Mike (who had already cleaned up Andrew and his mess by the time I left Alex's room), and I explained to Andrew that this is what happens when you eat too much junk and not enough "real food." However, when Mike threw up about an hour later, followed by Ethan about an hour after that, we decided this was more than just too much junk food. We brought our sleeping bags and blankets into the kitchen (so we wouldn’t have to keep scrubbing our new carpet), and each slept with a bowl nearby.
After the first time Andrew threw up, he asked if Dad would give him a Priesthood Blessing. Afterward, he threw up a few more times, but was then able to keep some ginger ale down (luckily I had bought some for the Christmas Eve Party), and went to sleep. He has been fine ever since! Ethan, on the other hand, refused the offer to receive a blessing, and he is still sick today, with both diarrhea and vomiting. We are having a Brother from the church come give him a blessing with Mike this afternoon. We have faith that he will soon get better with the help of the Priesthood! Alex threw up Friday evening, and I had been feeling pretty yucky myself that day, so we received blessings from Mike, with the help of another Brother from our ward. Except for a little bit of diarrhea, we’ve both been doing well since our blessings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment