We had a wonderful time in Utah! It was so good to see all the Spencer Family and be with them for Grandpa's Funeral Services. Grandma was so strong! Mike and I both came away from the funeral feeling inspired to be better and make more of our lives! It is not enough to just "get through" each day; we need to strive to improve ourselves and learn more as we go along! The best part of the funeral was the Mandolin Tribute. Everyone who could played "You are my Sunshine" and then held the mandolin's high in the air. I'm sure Grandpa was simply beaming!
We had a lot of good times with family also! I am so bummed to discover that I was so much into enjoying the Bridal Shower for Audrey, (my brother Erik's fiance), and trying to keep Alex happy during it, that I didn't take any pictures at all! There were two times I saw a Kodak moment, grabbed the nearest camera and snapped, but the camera was my mom's and not mine. I plan to get those pictures and post them soon! One was of Grandpa Larsen holding Alex up on one hand, like he's done with every baby since his oldest boy, Justin.
That night we were able to be in the Ogden Temple with my brother Gavin as he received his endowment! It was such a special experience! I am so completely proud of him, and amazed at the man he has become! I can't wait to watch him continue to grow on his mission in Tampico, Mexico! He is going to work miracles in the lives of others!

Aunt Carina and Uncle Ben were very gracious in letting us stay in their nice new house. (They've only lived there for two weeks, but they let us come and go and make messes as we pleased!) It was great fun! I was so glad that Andrew, Ethan, and Alex got to get to know Tyler better (and vice versa)! They're going to be great cousins together!
Andrew played more Game Cube (and Wii, and Xbox, and Computer) than I would have liked, but I have to realize that he really does connect with the people he plays with as he's playing too! He has favorite games to play with each person. I hope to help him find other things he enjoys doing with family members as well!
For New Year's Eve, all the Slade kids hung out at Will & Heidi's house. I was so glad my kids could spend some really time with Kathie and Henry again! We all had so much fun reconnecting! We barely even noticed when it became 2009!
Ethan and Brooklyn really became close! Brooklyn likes to play the little mother to Ethan and Ethan is so grateful that someone wants to give him all their attention! They played together really well!
Our last night, at Grandma & Grandpa Chase's house, we packed in all the fun we could. Danette made a delicious dinner, we watched Glenn Beck's Unlikely Mormon DVD, and played Cranium Conga with everyone. We all agreed that I should've listened to what everyone else had said and chosen a different game to play, but it was still fun.

Audrey I am so sorry about mike's grandpa. My uncle passed away in october and it is never easy letting go. but it will be glorious when we see them again. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteHolli