Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our New House


Many of my friends in Pennsylvania have been asking for pictures of our new house. I completely understand, because I really like to have a visual image for where someone is, when I picture them in my mind. Otherwise, they're just Out There in some unknown void. So, here are the pictures of our new house, starting from the top floor, down to the basement.
All the bedrooms we use are upstairs. Beginning in our bedroom, here is our master bathroom:


Here is our room (you can see the door to our walk-in closet - we've never had one before and it's soo nice!):

The picture of the Salt Lake Temple, above our bed, was what I saved for as a house-warming gift to myself. I love it!
Next is Andrew and Ethan's room. Their dressers were from my childhood, and Mom and Brent gave them to us for them to use. We're probably getting bunkbeds for them for Ethan's birthday, and we'll put the toddler bed away for a few months, 'til Alex is ready for it.

Right next to their room is Alex's room:


The main bathroom is also on this level, along with a good-sized closet for storing medicine, extra toiletries, towels, humidifiers, etc.


This picture is taken from the top of the stairs looking down into the Front Room/Living Room. I wish I would've gotten a better shot of the ledge on top of the wall above the piano. I love to decorate up there!


On the other side of that wall, is the Kitchen: (It looks so bare to me in this picture because now I've had so many other decorations for the holidays up there. I took these pictures a long time ago.) Mike's parents gave us the bar stools, and they work so perfectly! Someday I want to rcover the seats with a fun maroon or something.

The Dining Room can be seen through those bars. Off the Dining Room is a sliding glass door onto a deck (you can see it through the Family Room window) This picture was actually taken before we moved in, so the desk and couch are not the ones that is there now. We liked how they had is set up, so we copied them:

Here is the furniture that is really there. One the wall, above our family pictures, it says "Family; A Journey to Forever," in vinyl lettering, which was a gift from our friends, the Pitcavages. We LOVE it!


Here are the stairs to the basement. Of course, we don't always have Andrew's tent set up, this was just a fun activity for a day when we had Elliott and Quinn over. (It's Quinn you can see at the bottom of the stairs.):

The first door on the right as you reach the bottom of the stairs, is the Laundry Room. It is the only part of the house that is unfinished. It's small, but just perfect for what we need. We love our new washer and dryer that we had to get!


The next door is the Office. Obviously, it's the last room we have left to unpack and really set up. We have way to much junk (mostly thanks to me), but someday we'll get through it all.

The playroom is next. It has no real door, which is actually a good thing for a playroom, we've discovered. It is still considered a bedroom, since it has a closet and a window. Someday it will become the Office and the Office will become Andrew's room.

There are two other closets down there - we love having room for storage! And a Bathroom with a shower:



This is a bad picture of the backyard, since I took it from my bedroom window through the screen), but you get the idea. The swing set/slide, was built by the previous owner's father. Getting that was an awesome bonus! We are excited to use the garden, after three years of not having a place to garden. The shed is where we keep all our extra clothes, holiday decorations, and the yard stuff.

So there you go. I'm glad to have all these "before" shots to look back on, years from now, when we've changed things so much that we can't remember what it used to be like.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those pictures ARE old--Quinn's in shorts and flip flops...those were the days...

    We're glad you moved in so close to where we moved in!

    ReplyDelete